This article will walk you through the process of creating a new subdomain using the Plesk control panel.
- Log in to Plesk
- Once logged in, click the ‘Home’ button in the left navigation frame.
- Click on the domain name you wish to create a subdomain for.
- Click on the ‘Subdomains’ button. This will take you to the subdomain manager.
- Add a new subdomain by clicking the corresponding button (Add New Subdomain).
- Enter the subdomain in the associated field. The SSL support checkbox is optional, and should be used if you intend on using SSL with your subdomain.
- If you’d like to use the same FTP information as your main domain to access the subdomain, skip down to the ‘Services’ section. If not, select the checkbox ‘Create a separate FTP user account for this subdomain’. Enter an FTP username and password, along with a hard disk quota. If you do not enter a hard disk quota, the subdomain will be allowed to use all resources included with your main domain.
- In the ‘Services’ section, it is advised to check all services. This will ensure that your subdomain can support all the features our hosting accounts offer.
- Click the ‘OK’ button to create the subdomain.
After completing the steps above you should have a new subdomain listed on the Plesk ‘Subdomains’ page.
Powered by WHMCompleteSolution