This article will walk you through the process of configuring your mail account in Microsoft Windows Mail
- In Microsoft Windows Mail, click ‘Tools > Accounts’.
- Click the ‘Add’ button, select ‘E-mail Account’ and click the ‘Next’ button.
- Enter your name as you would like it displayed to others e.g. ‘John Smith’ and click the ‘Next’ button.
- Enter the email address that you want to setup in Microsoft Windows Mail and click the ‘Next’ button.
- Select ‘POP3’ from the drop-down menu ‘Incoming e-mail server type’.
- In the ‘Incoming mail (POP3 or IMAP) server’ field, enter ‘mail.yourdomainname’ e.g. ‘mail.magdesign.co.uk’.
- Enter the same for the ‘Outgoing e-mail server (SMTP) name’ field.
- Check the ‘Outgoing server requires authentication’ box and click the ‘Next’ button.
- Enter the email address you are configuring in the ‘E-mail username’ field and the password for this mail account in the ‘Password’ field. Check the ‘Remember password’ box and click the ‘Next’ button.
- Click the ‘Finish’ button and you will be taken back to the ‘Tools > Accounts’ screen.
- Click the ‘Close’ button.
You should have now configured your email address in Microsoft Windows Mail.
Powered by WHMCompleteSolution