This article will walk you through the process of configuring your mail account in Microsoft Outlook Express.
- In Microsoft Outlook Express, click ‘Tools > Accounts’.
- Click the ‘Add’ button and select ‘Mail’.
- Enter your name as you would like it displayed to others e.g. ‘John Smith’ and click the ‘Next’ button.
- Enter the email address that you want to setup in Microsoft Outlook Express and click the ‘Next’ button.
- Select ‘POP3’ from the drop-down menu ‘My incoming mail server is a .... server’.
- In the ‘Incoming mail (POP3, IMAP or HTTP) server field’, enter ‘mail.yourdomainname’ e.g. ‘mail.magdesign.co.uk’.
- Enter the same for the ‘Outgoing mail server (SMTP)’ field and click the ‘Next’ button.
- Enter the email address you are configuring in the ‘Account Name’ field and the password for this mail account in the ‘Password’ field. Check the ‘Remember password’ box and click the ‘Next’ button.
- Click the ‘Finish’ button and you will be taken back to the ‘Tools > Accounts’ screen.
- Click the ‘Mail’ tab and select the mail account you just created and click the ‘Properties’ button.
- Click the ‘Server’ tab and at the bottom check the ‘My server requires authentication’ box.
- Click the ‘OK’ button and then click the ‘Close’ button.
You should have now configured your email address in Microsoft Outlook Express.
Powered by WHMCompleteSolution