Firstly, you must order the Domain Alias/Mapping Addon from your Client Area. Once the order is paid and completed, please follow the instructions below:
This article will walk you through the process of creating a new Domain Alias using the Plesk control panel.
- Log in to Plesk
- Once logged in, click the ‘Home’ button in the left navigation frame.
- Click on the domain name you wish to create a domain alias for.
- Click on the ‘Domain Alias’ button. This will take you to the Domain Alias manager
- Add a new Domain Alias by clicking the corresponding button (Add Domain Alias).
- In the ‘Domain alias name’ field, enter the domain you wish to use an as alias. (ie: If you entered domain.com, domain.com would take you to the domain listed on your account.)
- Check the ‘Mail’ and ‘Web’ checkboxes to use this alias for receiving email and web service.
- Selecting the ‘Web’ checkbox is necessary for your website to appear in a browser.
- Selecting the ‘Mail’ checkbox will redirect email to the addresses specified on your domain. For example, if you create the domain alias ‘domainalias.com’ and your hosted domain is ‘domain.com’ , all email sent to firstname.lastname@example.org will be sent to email@example.com. You must have an email account set up for your hosted domain in order for mail to be redirected.
- Click the ‘OK’ button to create the domain alias.
After completing the steps above you should have a new Domain Alias listed on the Plesk ‘Domain Alias’ page.
Powered by WHMCompleteSolution