This article will walk you through the process of creating a Password Protected Directory using the Plesk control panel.
- Log in to Plesk
- Once logged in, click the ‘Home’ button in the left navigation frame.
- Click on the domain name you wish to create a password protected directory for.
- Click on the ‘Directories’ button. This will take you to the password protected directories manager.
- Add a new directory by clicking the corresponding button (Add New Directory). If you already created a directory on your FTP account, this will cause no harm to any files located in the directory.
- Add the directory you wish to password protect in the ‘Directory name’ field. (ie: If the directory accessed via the web is domain.com/password, enter ‘/password’ in the field).
- Check the ‘Non-SSL,’ ‘SSL,’ and ‘cgi-bin’ checkboxes to ensure the directory supports all features offered with your account.
- The ‘Header Text’ field is the title of the password protected box that will prompt when you access the directory via the web. If you’d like to leave this field blank, it will use the Plesk default text.
- Click the ‘OK’ button to create the directory.
After completing the steps above you should have a new directory listed on the Plesk ‘Protected Directory’ page.
You will also need to create a directory user in order to access the directory via the web. The steps below will guide you through the process of creating this user:
- After creating the directory in the step above you should already be at the page needed to create the directory user. If you are not on this page, go back to the main ‘Protected Directories’ section and click the specific directory you wish to add a user for.
- Click the ‘Add New User’ button.
- Choose a database user name and password and press the ‘OK’ button.
- You should now have a new password protected directory and accompanying directory user.
Powered by WHMCompleteSolution