This article will walk you through the process of creating a new MySQL database using the Plesk control panel.
- Log in to Plesk
- Once logged in, click the ‘Home’ button in the left navigation frame.
- Click the ‘Databases’ button. This will take you to the database manager.
- Add a new database by clicking the corresponding button (Add New Database).
- Choose a database name and then select MySQL as the database server.
- Click the ‘OK’ button to create the database.
After completing the steps above you should have a new database listed on the Plesk ‘Databases’ page.
You will also need to create a database user in order to utilize your newly created database. The steps below will guide you through the process of creating this user:
- After creating the database in the step above you should already be at the page needed to create the database user. If you are not on this page, go back to the main ‘Databases’ section and click on the specific database you wish to add a user for.
- Click the ‘Add New Database User’ button.
- Choose a database user name and password and click the ‘OK’ button.
- You should now have a new database and accompanying database user.
Once you have created a database and database user, you can then go on to manage your database. For more information, please see the related article: How do I manage my Database?
Powered by WHMCompleteSolution